Ilha Formosa

"To the Japanese, the island was 'Takasag'. Later the Chinese name 'Taiwan' was adopted. In 1590, Linschotten, a Dutch navigator on a Portuguese vessel, sailing along the west coast of the island was so impressed with the lush beauty of the coastal plan that he located the island on the chart as 'Ilha Formosa', the Beautiful Island." Formosa, W.G. Goddard

My Photo
Name:
Location: Moscow, Idaho, United States

Monday, September 18, 2006

People

"Getting to know you" ~ The King and I

These are some of the people that I'll be seeing on my trip and about whom I'll be talking. Thus, the introductions... Folks, please meet:

Me - I've spent 3 months in Mexico, traveled to Hawaii for a week and to Greece for 17 days.
Mom - beloved mother who homeschooled me and taught me all I know about homemaking. This trip is her birthday present.
Aunt Debbie - Mom's older sister from Portland, OR
Uncle Steve - A. Debbie's husband
Uncle Bill - Mom's Dad's brother (thus my great uncle) who lives in Seattle, WA
Aunt Nonnie - Uncle Bill's wife
Aunt Melody - Mom's oldest sister who is a missionary in Tai Chung, third largest city in Taiwan. She has been a missionary for over 22 years, teaching music in Morrison Academy for 19.
Jeff and Ronda Sheppard - A. Melody's neightbors across the street. Jeff lived in The Big Haus while attending University of Idaho before he married Rhonda.
Cynthia Lu- A. Melody's boarding student. Cynthia is a junior in Morrison. Her parents, Michael and Nancy, will take us around to see some sights. Cynthia, I believe, is either Taiwanese or Chinese and she grew up in Los Angelos, CA.

3 Comments:

Blogger Addie said...

Kate, that's a good idea to introduce the people you'll be talking about. :)
It's going to be really fun to read what you're doing.
Love ya!

10:09 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

Wow! How long are you going to be gone? That is so exciting!!

12:41 PM  
Blogger Kate Sumpter said...

camille - yep, and while I'm gone you're going to have to blog a lot more so that I know what's up at our house. :D

Erin - I'll be gone from home 3 weeks. Or just under 3 weeks. :-) Yes, I'm excited. I woke up this morning and thought "Yippee!" And then I paniced about all of the stuff I have to do. heh heh

8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home