Ilha Formosa

"To the Japanese, the island was 'Takasag'. Later the Chinese name 'Taiwan' was adopted. In 1590, Linschotten, a Dutch navigator on a Portuguese vessel, sailing along the west coast of the island was so impressed with the lush beauty of the coastal plan that he located the island on the chart as 'Ilha Formosa', the Beautiful Island." Formosa, W.G. Goddard

My Photo
Name:
Location: Moscow, Idaho, United States

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Tomorrow morning Mom and I depart for Seattle via my A. Debbie and U. Steve. There we will spend one day with her aunt and uncle before flying to Taiwan.

Please pray for traveling mercies. Pray for a safe trip home for my U. Steve and A. Debbie. Pray that we will get over jet lag quickly. Pray that we will be a blessing and an encouragment to my Aunt Melody. And also to her school, Morrison Accademy. Please pray for my family at home.

Thank you for your prayers.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kate, I can't wait to see you on my side of the Pacific Ocean! I can't believe you're really coming! I will be praying for you and your mom in your travels to Seattle and then on to Taiwan. There's so much I want to show you! I'll try to not wear you out too much, but we must make the most of your visit, my dear. So get some sleep and store up lots of energy, 'cuz there's lots to see and do!

Much love,
Aunt Melody

9:46 AM  
Blogger Theraincitymama said...

Kate,
Hey! Hope you got all you packing done;) Can't wait to hear how your flight went and what you thought when you landed. I've never been to Taiwan. Looking forward to seeing some pictures.

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home