Ilha Formosa

"To the Japanese, the island was 'Takasag'. Later the Chinese name 'Taiwan' was adopted. In 1590, Linschotten, a Dutch navigator on a Portuguese vessel, sailing along the west coast of the island was so impressed with the lush beauty of the coastal plan that he located the island on the chart as 'Ilha Formosa', the Beautiful Island." Formosa, W.G. Goddard

My Photo
Name:
Location: Moscow, Idaho, United States

Monday, September 25, 2006

Seattle

Mom and I arrived safely in Seattle thanks for U. Steve's driving. "We drove and drove and drove some more ... that was my vacation." ~DisneyLand commercial :-)
We got to go see Mom's cousins, Meghan and Missy, and their families before dinner. We got a good sleep last night. Yay! This morning Aunt Nonnie made oatmeal with blueberry syrup. It was so good and not too sweet. Then Uncle Bill and Aunt Nonnie took us with them on their walk around the mall. We ran errand, picked up my new glasses (they came with no problems! phew!). Later Mom took us all to the IHOP. I had breakfast (of course) - two eggs, two pork sausage, hash browns, and cinnamon rolls that were fried French Toast style. This afternoon I slept, then had dinner, and Meghan and Missy brough their families over for Apple Crisp.
Now Mom and I are packed and finishing things up before we go. The shuttle takes us to the airport at 1am. After 12 hours we'll see A. Melody! Yay!!

- pictures to come when I reach Taiwan -

4 Comments:

Blogger Dorothy Plaza BSN, RN, DPP Master Trainer said...

Fun! I can't wait to see pictures. I will be praying for safe travels for you and your mom. Have a good flight! :)

10:23 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

I'll be praying for the rest of your trip, that you will get there okay!

10:51 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

I'll be praying for the rest of your trip, that you will get there okay!

10:51 AM  
Blogger Kate Sumpter said...

thank you, girls!! Mom and I arrived safely and we are grateful for the blessings of your prayers

1:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home