Ilha Formosa

"To the Japanese, the island was 'Takasag'. Later the Chinese name 'Taiwan' was adopted. In 1590, Linschotten, a Dutch navigator on a Portuguese vessel, sailing along the west coast of the island was so impressed with the lush beauty of the coastal plan that he located the island on the chart as 'Ilha Formosa', the Beautiful Island." Formosa, W.G. Goddard

My Photo
Name:
Location: Moscow, Idaho, United States

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Home

Yay!! Mom and I are home!! We flew into Seattle on Thursday, stayed the night there and then Dad drove us home on Friday. As we got near to home I kept saying, "I know that curve in the road!", or "I recognise those trees!"

G. K. Chesterton said somewhere that the reason we travel is so that we can go home. That is exactly how I feel. I've had an amazing opportunity to see another culture, another world, and it was incrediably different from anything I've seen before. It makes me appreciate what I know and love more.

Pictures will be uploaded asap. I just have to figure out "how". :-)

3 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

Hurray hurray! :)

4:15 PM  
Blogger Daniel Alders said...

ah yes... closure... verah nice. :-) And yes, I like that quote.

5:18 PM  
Blogger Theraincitymama said...

Glad you made it home safely:) Can't wait to see all your pictures.

10:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home