Ilha Formosa

"To the Japanese, the island was 'Takasag'. Later the Chinese name 'Taiwan' was adopted. In 1590, Linschotten, a Dutch navigator on a Portuguese vessel, sailing along the west coast of the island was so impressed with the lush beauty of the coastal plan that he located the island on the chart as 'Ilha Formosa', the Beautiful Island." Formosa, W.G. Goddard

My Photo
Name:
Location: Moscow, Idaho, United States

Friday, September 29, 2006

Friday

9 AM - Day Market ... sensory overload :-)
11 :30 AM - join A Capella choir (mom rested at home)
1 PM lunch ... We used the afternoon to do prep on the evening's dinner
4:15 PM Mission's prayer meeting
5:30 Dress for party and help with last minute set up
6 PM Guest arrive promptly (I know a college that had a reputation for begin late. The students there should take note of these Highschoolers *hinthint* :-) for Mystery Dinner

The Mystery Dinner went so good! A bit stressful at times for those of us in the kitchen, but it was pulled of masterfully and I have a bunch of pictures and hopefully my first video worked! The kids that came are my Aunt's highschool Madrigal choir so they sang three songs and I recorded one. Hopefully I'll get it up here with pictures soon.

Weekend plan: Visit Taipei with Cynthia and her parents. Sunday - mountain drive and/or Jade market

So I'll be busy, but I'll try to write. Leave me notes and I'll respond asap. :-) I'll get pictures up first of next week, Lord willing.

Good Night!
Moi

9 Comments:

Blogger Daniel Alders said...

Wow. Appears you've been busy. *reads over last SEVERAL blog posts*

But it looks like you're having plenty of fun! I'm looking forward to the pics...

12:55 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

It sounds like you're having a blast! I'm so jealous. ;) I'm looking forward to pics too!

6:23 PM  
Blogger Sherry said...

What a thrill for you all to be united together. Praying that you all continue to have a wonderful visit. Enjoyed hearing about a "hairwashing" experience : ) Mrs. M

8:08 PM  
Blogger Dorothy Plaza BSN, RN, DPP Master Trainer said...

It is good to hear from you, Kate! It sounds like you are having a blast!

8:50 PM  
Blogger Theraincitymama said...

Kate sounds like you are having a blast! Can't wait to see the pictures. Soak it all in:)

11:56 PM  
Blogger Addie said...

Kate!! Good to hear from you!! :) We miss you a lot, and can't wait for you to come back. It's really weird not having you and mom around. Taking a little while to get used to it. But everything is going pretty good! When you have time, you should check me Xanga. I'm going to post pictures of us all making apple cider yesterday! :)
Love you lots!
Faith

8:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's been fun to follow your journey. We miss you
T.

5:12 PM  
Blogger Kate Sumpter said...

Thanks, everyone! I'm glad to hear that some of you are still there. :D
I'm working on the pictures. Yay!!
Deaj - Em said that you will be in Moscow by tomorrow. Sorry to miss you. Have fun at the wedding!
Faith- I will!! I miss the cidar. Some of the ladies here can't remember the last time that they had cidar. How sad. Made me wish that I could have brought some, but I probably couldn't have got it into the country.

11:25 PM  
Blogger Kate Sumpter said...

fiddlersridge! Miss you guys too. I'll try to send you an email if I don't get bumped off the computer. They tend to crash here. :P

11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home